OK. Does your head hurt after completing the Marketing Channel Audit Worksheet for Step 1 of the School Marketing Plan Challenge?
While my head admittedly does hurt a bit from brainstorming, listing our channels, and trying to determine metrics for measurement I found this exercise incredibly important in determining not only where we want to go but also that we need to do some work tightening up what we post, where we post it, and what are our goals for each channel.
Hold onto the worksheet for later.
There are actually a list of things that you will do in Step 2 of the School Marketing Plan Challenge:
- Go back to your Marketing Channel Audit Worksheet and add a column titled “Audience” and input the audience that you are targeting for each channel.
- If you haven’t done so already input a “Strategy” and “Posting Schedule” for each channel. It’s OK if you haven’t had this in the past but going forward this will help you with creating and posting content.
- Review your Marketing Plan from last year and determine if your initiatives were effective.
- After your review in #3 determine if any of those initiatives need to be revisited this year.
- If those initiatives need to be revisited what can you try this year to help you reach your goal.
In order to help you with Step 2 I’ve created a checklist which you can download and modify as you see fit.
[reminder] Good luck with Step 2 and let me know if you have any questions by posting them in the comment section below.[/reminder]