In preparation for the SchneiderB VirCon7, I’m highlighting the eight school marketing experts who will be presenting on October 19, 2019. Learn More about the VirCon7.
Here are the 10 questions and responses from Angie Ward.
1. What is your session title for the VirCon7?
Google Analytics for Enrollment Marketing
2. What will the attendees learn/know after watching your session?
How Google Analytics can help schools:
- Monitor website activity to better understand the parent audience and optimize their experience
- Understand how paid marketing channels are performing and determine return on investment (ROI)
3. What is your favorite social media channel and why?
Facebook is my personal fave to see what my friends and family are doing, as well as their kids (I’m a Mom!). LinkedIn is my fave professional platform – I simply can’t keep up with the clutter on Twitter, and I find the content posted on LinkedIn is more in line with my interests (both sponsored and organic!)
4. What is one goal that you hope to accomplish during the 2019-2020 school year?
I would like to see more case studies out of my clients who doubted digital marketing would help them in the way it’s shaping up to!
5. What is your favorite marketing piece of advice for schools?
You cannot improve what you cannot measure. Always have a goal set to determine what success means to you before going to market, with a supporting measurement plan in place.
6. What is your favorite marketing book?Big Data: Understanding How Data Powers Big Business
7. What is something people might be surprised to know about you?
I was the first one in my family to go to college.
8. Kindle or Actual Book?
Both! Depends on the size of my purse that day or if my kids have dominated my Kindle.
9. iPhone or Android?
10. What is one App that you can’t live without?
It’s a tie between Slack and Starbucks.
Angie Ward is the Co-Founder of Enroll Media Group