In preparation for the SchneiderB VirCon7, I’m highlighting the eight school marketing experts who will be presenting on October 19, 2019. Learn More about the VirCon7.
Here are the 10 questions and responses from Cheryl Fisher.
- What is your session title for the VirCon7?
The title of my session is “How Strong is Your School’s Story? Is It As Strong As It Needs To Be?”
- What will the attendees learn/know after watching your session?
They will be able to assess how well they are sharing their school’s story. But not in the same way they have always assess how strong their marketing is… My session will give them a new way of looking at how well they share their school’s story to meet the needs and lifestyles of their audiences.
- What is your favorite social media channel and why?
Having an actual coffee with somebody. But if I need to choose digital, Instagram because it’s visual.
- What is one goal that you hope to accomplish during the 2019-2020 school year?
I hope to help my clients and readers really think differently about how they approach their school’s story, test out new ways of communicating with parents, and add something unexpected and really creative to their school’s marketing.
- What is your favorite marketing piece of advice for schools?
Look for the moments. Detailed moments are what make your story truly unique. True moments are what makes every strong story strong.
- What is your favorite marketing book?
by Julie Cottineau, a longtime friend, mentor and a muse for always looking for inspiration and ideas in the most unexpected places.
- What is something people might be surprised to know about you?
I always dreamed of being on Broadway. Actually, I still have that dream :)!
And this would surprise anybody who knows me because I have the worst case of stagefright in the universe, can’t hold a note, and I am a terrible dancer!
- Kindle or Actual Book?
- iPhone or Android?
iPhone, but prefer no device at all to look up and out and experience the actual world and life around me.
- What is one App that you can’t live without?
Waze. How would I ever get where I need to be without it?
Cheryl Fisher is the Founder and Head of Creative of HelloMethod