In preparation for the SchneiderB VirCon7, I’m highlighting the eight school marketing experts who will be presenting on October 19, 2019. Learn More about the VirCon7.
Here are the 10 questions and responses from Hans Mundahl.
- What is your session title for the VirCon7?
Pull Focus: High Value Video for an Audience of Fifty, Five or Even One.
2. What will the attendees learn/know after watching your session?
Whether your school is an old hand to video or you’re considering taking the plunge you want to make sure your video strategy delivers results. This workshop will describe three ways you can create video for high-value audiences including kindergarten moms on the first day of school, families who have just visited your admission office, and admitted students you hope will select your school. In addition to best practices we will provide case studies, production tips, and gear recommendations.
3. What is your favorite social media channel and why?
Instagram – I have several accounts for my personal self, my professional self, and my hobbies.
4. What is one goal that you hope to accomplish during the 2019-2020 school year?
Support independent school admission and marketing folks to meet their goals. Also I’m a video evangelist – so I hope everyone learns to make awesome video this year!
5. What is your favorite marketing piece of advice for schools?
Start with the gear and stories you know best. Film on your phone, start small and grow.
6. What is your favorite marketing book?
Anything by .
7. What is something people might be surprised to know about you?
I paddled a canoe above the arctic circle.
8. Kindle or Actual Book?
9. iPhone or Android?
10. What is one App that you can’t live without?
Hans Mundahl is the Director of Professional Development with The Enrollment Management Association.