In preparation for the SchneiderB VirCon5, I’m highlighting the ten school marketing experts who will be presenting on November 4, 2017. Learn More about the VirCon5.
This is 10 Questions with Mike Connor. Mike Connor is the President of Connor Associates, LLC in California.
1. What is your session title for the VirCon5?
The title is “Three Way Street: Enrollment Managers, Faculty, and Trustees”.
2. What will the attendees learn/know after watching your session?
Enrollment managers and admission directors often look to current parents to be our primary “brand ambassadors.” But how can you create mutual respect with teachers and trustees so they will be will be enthusiastic supporters of enrollment and retention — and own that as their job? What can they contribute? You need to get everyone on board, but these two groups are important for their credibility and connections!
3. What is your favorite social media channel and why?
Currently, Facebook as it is widely used and easily accessible.
4. What is one marketing goal that you hope to accomplish during the 17-18 school year?
To continue helping schools and nonprofits get a handle on enrollment feasibility, forecasting, and authentic branding through strategic research from an objective, neutral, no horse in the race third party.
5. What is your favorite marketing piece of advice for schools?
Get the research done before you create a marketing plan, use research to create authentic branding, and above all, “Have fun and get the job done!”
6. What is your favorite marketing book?
Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People in the Digital Age. It’s all there.
7. What is something that people might be surprised to know about you?
That I’m a West By God Virginia Mountaineer.
8. Kindle or Actual Book?
Actual book. I spend so much time on screens my eyes get buggy, and there’s nothing like curling up with a book and writing my reaction in the aisles (margins).
9. iPhone or Android?
10. What is one App that you can’t live without?
Also published on Medium.