In preparation for the SchneiderB VirCon7, I’m highlighting the eight school marketing experts who will be presenting on October 19, 2019. Learn More about the VirCon7.
Here are the 10 questions and responses from Trevor Waddington.
1. What is your session title for the VirCon7?
My session is titled “Hey Alexa! Send Me More Students – How to Leverage Voice-First Technology to Attract and Retain Students and Families.”
2. What will the attendees learn/know after watching your session?
Attendees will learn how to create their own Alexa Skills, why they are important, and how to leverage them to both attract and retain students and families.
3. What is your favorite social media channel and why?
My favorite social media channel is LinkedIn. It’s the best app to both attract new clients and collaborate with colleagues. It’s the app I’m pushing clients to use more and more because of its organic reach.
4. What is one goal that you hope to accomplish during the 2019-2020 school year?
To continue to cultivate my leadership skills. It’s a lot different when you lead in an organization as compared to your own organization.
5. What is your favorite marketing piece of advice for schools?
Don’t wait for the competition, lead the way. Do your homework and get your virtual real estate now before it’s gone. Start a YouTube show or create an Alexa Skill and go all in. Even if it “fails” you will have learned a lot.
6. What is your favorite marketing book?
I have three: , , and .
7. What is something people might be surprised to know about you?
I used to be a complete “do what feels right” kind of marketer. Now I’m such a stat-geek who lets the data do the talking.
8. Kindle or Actual Book?
Actual book – no question!
9. iPhone or Android?
10. What is one App that you can’t live without?
Orange Theory Fitness so I can book my classes on my phone and stalk if I will get into a class or not.
Trevor Waddington is the principal of Truth Tree Consulting.