As Thanksgiving quickly approaches I'm mindful of the fact that I have so many things to be thankful for in my personal life. I also have many things to be thankful for in my professional life as well and I'd like to share 21 items related to social media, inbound marketing, and technology.
Books I'm Thankful For
1. Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype – A wonderful
2. Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World – Written by Michael Hyatt to help you, personally, create a “platform” but many lessons are applicable to helping your school get noticed as well.
3. Fablehaven Complete Set (Boxed Set): Fablehaven; Rise of the Evening Star; Grip of the Shadow Plague; Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary; Keys to the Demon Prison – OK. This might not be related to the social media that you're thinking about but in my mind this is related to the real social media – time spent with family. I read to my son every night before he goes to bed and this was one of our favorite series EVER! It is written by Brandon Mull and I highly recommend these books.
4. Beyonders The Complete Set: A World Without Heroes; Seeds of Rebellion; Chasing the Prophecy – This is another Brandon Mull series that I recommend.
Online Tools I'm Thankful For
1. Evernote – This is the center of my digital life and I'm not sure how I functioned before it existed. If you haven't given this a try yet please do yourself a favor and check it out.
2. Feedly – This is my replacement for Google Reader and truth be told – I actually like it better!
3. Google+ – I am becoming a HUGE Google+ fan and am spending more and more of my social media time on Google+.
4. Friendsplus.me – I've recently begun using this service which will hopefully help drive engagement on Google+. I think it looks promising and feel it's worth checking out.
5. Hubspot – Sewickley Academy is a Hubspot school and I am so thankful we have this suite of tools to help me with my inbound marketing work at school.
6. Sprout Social – This is the current tool that I use to manage ALL of my social media channels.
7. mention.net – This is the tool I use to monitor mentions of our school's name.
8. Dropbox – My storage space in the cloud which syncs across ALL of my devices.
9. 99Designs – I'm not sure if you're ever going to be in the market for design work but this is the place where I had my new SchneiderB.com design created and I really enjoyed the experience.
Hardware I'm Thankful For
1. Apple iPad mini (32GB, Wi-Fi, White) – I seriously believe that this device has changed my life. OK – I might be exaggerating a little bit – but not much. I also broke down for WiFi and Cellular access and it's SOOOO worth it.
2. Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Stylus – This is the stylus I use to write on my iPad. I've been through a few and this is my favorite – by far!
Podcasts I'm Thankful For
1. Social Media Marketing Podcast – Hosted by Michael Stelzner from Social Media Examiner and I can't even tell you how many tips I gotten from listening to this podcast.
2. Social Pros Podcast – Hosted by Jason Baer, author of Youtility, and if full of real world social media tips.
3. Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast – Hosted by Amy Porterfield – THE Facebook Marketing expert in my opinion.
4. This Is Your Life Podcast – Hosted my Michael Hyatt and is full of great advice on a professional and personal level.
5. Smart Passive Income Podcast – Hosted by Pat Flynn and while it's geared toward business there are so many actionable tips that can be applied to schools.
6. Snippet Podcast – Snippet is a new platform for writers and this podcast is geared toward supporting and helping writers. I've enjoyed listening to this podcast to help my writing.
What Are You Thankful For
I highly encourage you to take the time and check out these fantastic
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you for reading SchneiderB.com.
Let me know what you are thankful for by posting in the comments below.