I’ve always enjoyed reading but the number of books I’ve finished since I’ve started this blog has been pretty amazing for me. I’m not sure of the connection between reading more and my blog but I’ve come across 5 books you should be reading now.
- Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions by Guy Kawasaki – I recently reviewed this book and I think it should be on your list. Think of Enchantment as an updated “How to win friends and influence people” by Dale Carnegie for the social media age.
- Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs (New Rules Social Media Series) by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah – The bible of inbound marketing created by the founders of Hubspot.
- Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business (New Rules Social Media Series)
by C.C. Handley and Anne Chapman – A great supplementary book to #2 discussing the details of how to create content for your inbound marketing strategy.
- Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead: What Every Business Can Learn from the Most Iconic Band in History by Brian Halligan and David Meerman Scott – I’m a big fan of the Grateful Dead so I was instantly drawn to this book but even if you don’t know the difference between Dead Heads and Cone Heads you’ll find value in the book as Brian and David use the Dead to illustrate inbound marketing principles.
- Social Media 101: Tactics and Tips to Develop Your Business Online by Chris Brogan – I reviewed this book previously but think it’s great beach book because it is written in small, easily digestible chunks like blog posts. Each post covers a different aspect of social media and there is A TON of great actionable information in here.
As we quickly approach summer I hope you’ll add one, or all, of these books to your beach reading list. Enjoy!