I love to read!
While I’ve thought about the reasons why I love reading so much, I think my favorite reason is that I enjoy learning and discovering new things which reminds me of a favorite quote by Jim Rohn, “The book you don’t read won’t help.”
My love of reading usually means that I have three books “going” at one time. As a result, I end up needing to find new books to read all the time.
A few months ago I posted in the SchneiderB University (SBU) Forum asking for Fiction and Non-Fiction suggestions.
Here is the list of 8 Crowdsourced Book Recommendations:
- Inbound Marketing, Revised and Updated: Attract, Engage, and Delight Customers Online (that was my recommendation.)
- The Glass Room
- Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers into Friends and Friends into Customers
- A Complaint Is a Gift: Recovering Customer Loyalty When Things Go Wrong
- Engage!: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
- The Cluetrain Manifesto
- The Passion Conversation: Understanding, Sparking, and Sustaining Word of Mouth Marketing
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
In all honesty, I’ve read a few of the above books already so I’ll be looking for new suggestions very soon.
Do you have any additional recommendations? Please make them in the Recommended Reading SBU Forum.
Have you read any of the above books? What are your thoughts? Please share them in the comments section below.
Thanks and happy reading!