Is your school using social media?
Are you using social media to market your school?
If you are, and you should be, I hope you’ll listen to this interview with Tim McDonough. Tim is the Director of Client Success for Finalsite who works with about a thousand schools. He has seen it all when it comes to social media and shares his expertise how to use social media for your school. Tim and I cover quite a bit of information during this interview and I know you’ll pick up a few tips and tricks to make social media marketing a success at your school.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- Explanation of social media marketing
- How does social media marketing relate, or not relate, to inbound marketing and word of mouth marketing
- Why schools should be participating in social media for marketing their school
- How schools can get started with social media
- 3 metrics you should be paying attention to in order to measure your social media efforts
- How should a school deal with negative comments on social media
- 3 common pitfalls Tim sees with schools using social media
- What is the 1 social media channel schools should be on
- Tactics and Suggestions for the following social media channels:
- Explanation of Hashtags
- The value of experimentation
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Content Marketing Institute
- Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less
- Rick Newberry from Enrollment Catalyst
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die
- Buffalo Seminary on Twitter
- Guy Kawasaki on Twitter
- Google Chrome
- BufferApp Google Chrome Extension
- #ismarketing hashtag
- Sewickley Academy Pinterest Account
- College Choices Class of 2013 Board
- Maret School Instagram Account
- Assumption School Lip-Dub
- Loomis-Chafee YouTube Channel
- Tim McDonough on LinkedIn
- Tim McDonough on Twitter
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Internet Marketing for Schools podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe. And if you listen on Stitcher, please click here to rate and review this show.
If you are already using video please share a link to one of your favorite school videos in the comments below.