In August 2014 it was announced that Blackbaud had acquired Whipplehill. It was a move that surprised and left those in the independent school community excited, scared, and asking questions about the future of each company.
While I don’t have the answers to those questions I was able to get Travis Warren on the podcast to answer reader questions as well as some of my own.
If you have any additional questions for Travis please ask them in the comments section below.
Enjoy the show!
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
1. Amy Schlussel, Hillel Day School of Metropolitan Detroit: I really want to know whether Blackbaud and Whipple Hill will now be able to “talk” to each other. Meaning, when we update records in Blackbaud, can they automatically be uploaded to Whipple Hill (like new students, withdrawn students, graduating students, etc.).
2. Helen Baldwin, The Kildonan School: What does Blackbaud buying Whipplehill mean for schools who currently have/use one or the other, but not both Blackbaud and Whipplehill now. WE currently have Blackbaud and are using Finalsite.
3. Jon Kunz, St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School: With so many competitors moving towards a more user-friendly interface for admission officers, does this acquisition point evidence towards blackbaud also moving in this direction? If so, when do they estimate a new, updated interface might be ready to be revealed?
4. Suzanne Murphy, The Fessenden School: Are there any plans to provide a “SalesForce like” CRM solution for clients?
- Why Blackbaud?
- Are any Whipplehill and/or Blackbaud products going away?
- Is Whipplehill a software company, web company, or design company?
- What is Travis’s new role in the company?
- Is the Whipplehill name going to go away?
- Where did the Whipplehill name come from?
- What is Travis excited about in the future?
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Help Us Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Internet Marketing for Schools podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe. And if you listen on Stitcher, please click here to rate and review this show.
Do you have a question for Travis? Ask it in the comments section below.