When most parents are asked how they first heard about their children’s private school the overwhelming response is through word of mouth. The troubling fact about this response is that most schools don’t have a specific strategy in order to harness the power of word of mouth marketing for their school and simply leave it to chance.
In this episode of the Internet Marketing for Schools podcast I interview Rick Newberry of Enrollment Catalyst. Rick has become my word of mouth marketing expert and in this episode Rick discusses how schools can and should think intentionally about word of mouth marketing for their school.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- How long Rick has been involved with enrollment at schools
- How Rick became so focused upon Word of Mouth marketing
- Whether schools have a specific plan to drive word of mouth marketing
- The term WOMBound
- How a school can implement and/or harness word of mouth marketing
- The 8 drivers of word of mouth marketing
- The 5 “T’s” of Word of Mouth Marketing
- The Net Promoter Score
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking
- WOMbound: A New Term for Word of Mouth Marketing
- The Celebrity Experience: Insider Secrets to Delivering Red Carpet Customer Service
- Brains on Fire: Igniting Powerful, Sustainable, Word of Mouth Movements
- Answering the Ultimate Question: How Net Promoter Can Transform Your Business
- Enrollment Catalyst
- 12 Strategies to Keep Your Current Families Enrolled and Grow Your School (Free eBook)
Help Me Spread the Word!
Please let your Twitter followers know about this podcast. Simply click here now to post a tweet.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Internet Marketing for Schools podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe. And if you listen on Stitcher, please click here to rate and review this show.
Can you share examples of how your school has harnessed the power of word of mouth marketing?