Welcome to Episode 19 where my guest is Risa Engel. Risa is the Director of Communications at the Stuart Country Day School, an independent day girls school for preschool through 12th grade in Princeton, NJ.
Today’s topic is about project management and office organization for independent schools. Project management is about much more than time management – it unites teams and creates a vision for success. As important as project management is for schools, this topic came about when Risa and I were having a conversation about Risa’s LEAD LIKE A GIRL initiative, so I want to take a moment to have Risa tell us more about this exceptional campaign.
Stuart Country Day School is currently accepting proposals from young women in high school, educators and experts for the LEAD LIKE A GIRL CAMPAIGN 2019. The campaign started out as a branding initiative. #LEADLIKEAGIRL includes a conference for risk-takers and change-makers. The event is a free conference that is held on the Stuart Day School campus; it is designed to showcase and inspire girls’ confidence, creativity, STEM, entrepreneurship and leadership. Stuart has offered the conference for 2 years – the event in April will be the 3rd. In the last 2 years over 2,000 participants have attended the conference, including K-12 students, parents, teachers and mentors on campus from across the country. For more information, see the link below in the Links & Resources section of this page.
Risa is really smart and very good at what she does. I’m sure you will enjoy this episode as much as I enjoyed interviewing her!
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover
- Tools and skills to help you stay organized even if you are a creative-thinker that can easily get distracted
- How to stay organized even if you have a huge volume of work
- Why you should consider a project management tool like Asana or Trello (free versions available)
- Tracking project management metrics
- How a project management tool can change the way you approach your job
- How work processes can augment a project management system
- An example of a project is organized using systems and a project management tool
- One way a project management tool is so powerful is that archived projects can be copied and updated, making it easy to reuse a past campaign that is already built in your tool
- How a project management tool can save lots of time for you and your team
- How to get started with project management
- Benefits of using Asana
- Ideas of ways to tailor your project management tool for you and your team
- Ideas for using Slack messaging app
- Ideas for using ThankView video email marketing tool
- Two alternatives to ThankView – Bonjoro and BombBomb
Items mentioned in this episode include
Links and resources mentioned in this episode
- Stuart Day School #LEADLIKEAGIRL Campaign
- Asana Project Tracking and Collaboration Tool
- Trello Task Management Tool
- Slack Messaging App
- ThankView Video Email Marketing Tool
- Bonjoro Quick Video Marketing Tool
- BombBomb Video Email Tool
How to find today’s guest:
Risa Engel, Director of Communications, Stuart Country Day School Girls’ Private School
Help Me Spread the Word!
If you enjoyed this episode of the SchneiderB.FM podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.