Welcome to SBfm25. Today’s podcast is going to be a little unorthodox. Now that I’ve piqued your interest, let me explain. As the school year begins, I’m really excited to share the findings from Year 2 of the School Marketing and Social Media Survey 2019. As a reminder, I’ve conducted the report with my partners, image seven, an integrated marketing communications firm based in Australia. The report was officially launched recently when I was a guest on their podcast, called School Marketing and Communications (SMC). This episode is unorthodox because I am simply releasing the audio of their podcast on my podcast.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
Major findings from the School Marketing and Social Media Survey 2019
- Why Facebook remains the dominant player
- Why time is still a major issue for school marketers and why it will continue to be an issue
- Why knowing what your competitors are doing may not be critical
- Are school marketers following the world of social media
- The main benefits of social media
- How school marketers are leveraging their content
Key changes from last year to this year
- Instagram is becoming a major social channel for school marketing
- Is Instagram a good lead nurturing tool?
- How schools could be using Instagram
- How Instagram may become a lead retention tool
- How schools can leverage the aesthetic nature of Instagram
- Upcoming changes in Instagram that may change how school marketers utilize this social platform
- Are school marketers using paid advertising?
- Are school websites mobile-friendly?
- The area of marketing school marketers what to learn the most about
- The low-hanging fruit for school marketing
- The importance of video marketing
- Why adding captions on your videos is worth the time and effort
- The impact of 5G
- The power of live video
Predictions for the future of school marketing
- Are we seeing the return of organic marketing?
- What changes will we see on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp and what will come out of those changes?
- Will TikTok become a new social platform for school marketing?
- Will school marketers become better at targeting?
- Will there be more apps? Will tools become stronger for school marketers?
Links and resources mentioned in this episode include:
Get your copy of the School Marketing and Social Media Survey 2019
Help Me Spread the Word!
If you enjoyed this episode of the SchneiderB.FM podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review and subscribe.
Do you want to know the secret to creating the best private school website? The truth is, website redesigns don’t have to be long, arduous, can’t-wait-until-it’s-over projects. The secret to avoiding the mess? Planning. Blackbaud K-12 has some interesting ideas on improving the school website redesign process. Whether your school is looking to redesign this year, or in three years, their new eBook, How to Design the Best Private School Website, will help you plan. Please download your free copy today at my special link schneiderb.com/blackbaud.