We really do want your help in deciding the 501 people that anyone working in an independent school should follow on Twitter. Let me explain – I’m a contributing blogger for edSocialmedia.com where I wrote a post listing the 101 people that you should follow on Twitter. The positive response, coupled with the great additions to the list through comments, lead me to think about expanding the list. The new list would be different though – there are so many smart, intelligent, and engaging people on Twitter that I thought we should let the people on Twitter shape the list. As a result, the 501 list will be created through crowdsourcing in order to showcase the collaborative and connective power of social media.
Where You Can Help
I hope that as a reader of my blog you are becoming more comfortable with social media and have been listening. Here’s your chance to take the next step and begin to engage through social media. Your assignment:
1. Navigate to the 501 list at edSocialMedia.com
2. Submit a comment including at least one person that should be included on the 501 list.
3. After your suggestion please write the letters “WWY” to signify “We Want You” so that I know your suggestion came from reading this post.
4. Tweet the follow message:
I added a name to the 501 people to follow on Twitter list – you should too: http://su.pr/2staE2 #edsocialmedia
5. Help encourage others offline to submit people to the 501 list.
My goal is for this post to help you to engage in social media using Twitter and blog comments. My goal for the list is to create a resource for people both new and old to Twitter to learn, engage, and collaborate. I hope that you will take the first steps and join me on Twitter…Thanks!