From a school perspective, a blog is such an important, central part of any inbound marketing campaign. On a personal level, there are so many different reasons to blog as well as outcomes from blogging. Here is why I blog as well as some of my friends: William Stites and Tim McDonough.
Why Aren’t You Blogging
The barriers to start your own blog have become pretty low. There are a number of free blogging services available that allow you to set up a blog in minutes. These include:
- WordPress.com – Hosted version of WordPress.org
- Blogger.com – part of your Google account
- Tumblr.com – very easy way to post anything
- Posterous.com – even simpler to post anything…can even post by email. My posterous site: BrendanSchneider.com
I encourage you select one of the options above and beginning blogging. Take the leap and have fun.
Guest Post at SchneiderB.com
Did you start your own blog yet? Have you written your first post? Are you still hesitant about setting up and maintaining your own blog?
If the above options seem too difficult or if you’re still nervous about blogging, I’m here to help. I feel so strongly about blogging for your school, and for yourself, that I’m inviting anyone to guest post here at SchneiderB.com. I’m serious.
In order to submit a guest post:
- Write something about social media, technology, branding, or inbounding marketing.
- Write between 300-600 words
- Select a picture for your post
- Email everything, including your Twitter ID, to brendan [at] schneiderb.com.
If you’re reading this post and have never published a blog post – please, please, please take me up on my offer.
If you have a blog but have never guest posted, take me up on my offer.
Here’s to blogging…to begin a journey you only need to take the first step!